WIPO RSS Feeds
WIPO News Releases
- WIPO Translate: Republic of Korea is First to Adopt WIPO’s “Artificial Intelligence” - Powered Patent Translation ToolThe Republic of Korea is adopting WIPO’s ground-breaking “artificial intelligence”-based translation tool for patent documents, making it the first member state to use WIPO Translate in an important advancement for the use of machine learning
- World Intellectual Property Day 2018 Celebrates Women’s Accomplishments: New WIPO Figures Show Highest-Ever Rate of Women Inventors, but Gender Gap PersistsThe fields of biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and chemistry show the highest rates of women named as inventors in international patent applications filed via WIPO, new figures indicate, as World IP Day 2018 celebrates women driving positive change ac
- China Drives International Patent Applications to Record Heights; Demand Rising for Trademark and Industrial Design ProtectionChina moved into the second position as a source of international patent applications filed via WIPO in 2017, closing in on long-time leader United States of America, in another record year in the use of WIPO's intellectual property services for pat
- WIPO Cybersquatting Cases Reach New Record in 2017Three industries – banking and finance, fashion, and internet and IT – accounted for nearly one-third of all cybersquatting disputes handled by WIPO’s Arbitration and Mediation Center in 2017 as trademark owners filed an all-time high of 3,074
- China Tops Patent, Trademark, Design Filings in 2016Worldwide filings for patents, trademarks and industrial designs reached record heights in 2016 amid soaring demand in China, which received more patent applications than the combined total for the United States of America, Japan, the Republic of Ko
- The Patent Cooperation Treaty at 40Forty years ago on June 1, 1978, the Patent Cooperation Treaty, which facilitates the process of obtaining patent protection in now up to 152 countries, began operations.
- Diagnostics for the Real World: point-of-care diagnosis made easyDr. Helen Lee talks about SAMBA, a game-changing new point-of-care diagnostic tool for healthcare workers in resource-poor settings, and shares her views on innovation and intellectual property.
- Pioneering fog-harvesting technology helps relieve water shortages in arid regionsA pioneering new water technology called the CloudFisher® offers communities facing severe water shortages in arid coastal or mountainous regions an affordable and sustainable source of clean water.
- IP Australia puts digital intelligence to workIP Australia’s Director General, Patricia Kelly, discusses the expanding role for artificial intelligence in her Organization’s work.
- Emojis and intellectual property lawEveryone loves emojis. They are a fun and an increasingly ubiquitous way for people to express themselves. But what sort of intellectual property issues do they raise?
WIPO Patent News
WIPO Domain Name Decisions
- WIPO Domain Name Decision D2018-0880 for jasmin.proWIPO Domain Name Decision for jasmin.pro
- WIPO Domain Name Decision DCO2018-0012 for amjll.com.coWIPO Domain Name Decision for amjll.com.co
- WIPO Domain Name Decision D2018-0697 for gamberorosso.comWIPO Domain Name Decision for gamberorosso.com
- WIPO Domain Name Decision D2018-1040 for bankdirect.onlineWIPO Domain Name Decision for bankdirect.online
- WIPO Domain Name Decision D2018-0761 for ladysgaga.comWIPO Domain Name Decision for ladysgaga.com
Other RSS Feeds
US Copyright Office
- U.S. Copyright Office, NewsNet Issue 723
U.S. Copyright Office, NewsNet Issue 722 [CORRECTION]
U.S. Copyright Office, NewsNet Issue 722
U.S. Copyright Office, NewsNet Issue 721
U.S. Copyright Office, NewsNet Issue 720
- EPO publishes Quality Report 2017The EPO has today published the second edition of its dedicated Quality Report. Compared with the 2016 edition, the report provides more extensive information and details on existing and new measures to deliver high-quality products and services.
- World’s five largest patent offices convene for 2018 annual meetingThe heads of office addressed topics that are deemed to play an increasingly important role in the future of IP5 co-operation and which could have a significant impact on the global patent system, such as the further development of the Global Dossi
- EPO intensifies co-operation with the Canadian Intellectual Property OfficeEPO President Benoît Battistelli met with Johanne Bélisle, Commissioner of Patents, Registrar of Trademarks and CEO of the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO), in San Francisco to launch a comprehensive bilateral co-operation programme on
- Achievements 2010 to 2018 published: “Modernising the EPO for excellence and sustainability”The EPO has published a summary of achievements from the extensive modernisation reforms put in place 2010 to 2018.
- Outstanding inventors from France, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Switzerland and the US honoured with European Inventor Award 2018The EPO announced the winners of the European Inventor Award 2018 at a ceremony today in Paris, Saint-Germain-en-Laye, attended by some 600 guests from the areas of politics, business, intellectual property, science and academia.
- U.S. Copyright Office, NewsNet Issue 723