WIPO RSS Feeds
WIPO News Releases
- China Drives International Patent Applications to Record Heights; Demand Rising for Trademark and Industrial Design ProtectionChina moved into the second position as a source of international patent applications filed via WIPO in 2017, closing in on long-time leader United States of America, in another record year in the use of WIPO's intellectual property services for pat
- WIPO Cybersquatting Cases Reach New Record in 2017Three industries – banking and finance, fashion, and internet and IT – accounted for nearly one-third of all cybersquatting disputes handled by WIPO’s Arbitration and Mediation Center in 2017 as trademark owners filed an all-time high of 3,074
- China Tops Patent, Trademark, Design Filings in 2016Worldwide filings for patents, trademarks and industrial designs reached record heights in 2016 amid soaring demand in China, which received more patent applications than the combined total for the United States of America, Japan, the Republic of Ko
- New WIPO Study Gives First-Ever Figures on Value of "Intangible Capital" in Manufactured GoodsFirst-ever figures reveal that nearly one third of the value of manufactured products sold around the world comes from "intangible capital," such as branding, design and technology, according to a WIPO study of the global value chains comp
- WIPO Member States End Assemblies with Key Agreements on Future WorkWIPO member states concluded their annual Assemblies meetings with key agreements that affirm the work of the Organization in advancing an effective and balanced intellectual property system.
- The Accessible Books Consortium: what it means for publishersMichiel Kolman, President of the International Publishers Association (IPA), and Hugo Setzer, IPA Vice-President, share their views on what the WIPO-led Accessible Books Consortium (ABC) means for publishers.
- Signal piracy: a threat to Asia-Pacific broadcastersAmid an apparent increase in the piracy of broadcast signals in the Asia-Pacific region, The Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU), the world’s largest broadcasting union, underlines the need to finalize an international treaty that offers broadca
- A fresh look at the Olympic propertiesIn the wake of As the XXIII Olympic Games in PyeongChang, Republic of Korea get under way in February 2018, what role do IP rights play in generating the funds required to organize one of the largest sporting events in the world?
- eSport: everything to play forThe International Olympic Committee recently declared that competitive video gaming could be considered a sporting activity. What are the implications for the sports industry and, crucially, for intellectual property?
- Blockchain and IP law: a match made in crypto heaven?Blockchain has been a hot topic recently, with multiple industries exploring its possibilities and new use cases emerging almost daily. But how might this technology be used in the context of IP law and practice?
WIPO Patent News
WIPO Domain Name Decisions
- WIPO Domain Name Decision D2018-0326 for ultius.proWIPO Domain Name Decision for ultius.pro
- WIPO Domain Name Decision D2018-0163 for myboutique.comWIPO Domain Name Decision for myboutique.com
- WIPO Domain Name Decision D2017-2520 for clubedeofertascarrefour.comWIPO Domain Name Decision for clubedeofertascarrefour.com
- WIPO Domain Name Decision D2018-0076 for r3cev.topWIPO Domain Name Decision for r3cev.top
- WIPO Domain Name Decision D2017-2563 for asacovam.com, asaveram.com, bipressam.com, bipressamlo.com, bisodexor.com, bisperam.com, cosyrasa.com, coveramasa.com, prestilam.com, prestixam.com, prestorvam.com, solprilas.comWIPO Domain Name Decision for asacovam.com, asaveram.com, bipressam.com, bipressamlo.com, bisodexor.com, bisperam.com, cosyrasa.com, coveramasa.com, prestilam.com, prestixam.com, prestorvam.com, solprilas.com
Other RSS Feeds
US Copyright Office
- U.S. Copyright Office, NewsNet Issue 710
U.S. Copyright Office, Copyright.gov Unavailable
U.S. Copyright Office, NewsNet Issue 709
U.S. Copyright Office, NewsNet Issue 708
U.S. Copyright Office, NewsNet Issue 707
- European patent system in focus at EU Presidency conference in SofiaEPO President Benoît Battistelli outlined recent developments in the European patent system and the importance of patents in supporting innovation and economic growth, which is set to be boosted by the Unitary Patent.
- EPO reports growing demand; Europe's attractiveness as leading tech market confirmedThe EPO received nearly 166 000 European patent applications in 2017, an increase of +3.9% and an all-time high.
- Patent research grants – call for proposals 2018Under the programme, grants of up to EUR 100 000 are awarded in respect of selected proposals on patent-related matters.
- 36th Trilateral heads of office meeting in JapanEPO President Benoît Battistelli, the Commissioner of the Japan Patent Office (JPO) Naoko Munakata, and the Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), Andrei Iancu, held their annual Trilateral heads of office meeting last w
- Your feedback matters to us: new round of user satisfaction surveys plannedThe EPO is launching a new round of user satisfaction surveys in 2018 to measure customer satisfaction with our search, examination and opposition services as well as formalities.
- U.S. Copyright Office, NewsNet Issue 710