WIPO RSS Feeds
WIPO News Releases
- China Tops Patent, Trademark, Design Filings in 2016Worldwide filings for patents, trademarks and industrial designs reached record heights in 2016 amid soaring demand in China, which received more patent applications than the combined total for the United States of America, Japan, the Republic of Ko
- New WIPO Study Gives First-Ever Figures on Value of "Intangible Capital" in Manufactured GoodsFirst-ever figures reveal that nearly one third of the value of manufactured products sold around the world comes from "intangible capital," such as branding, design and technology, according to a WIPO study of the global value chains comp
- WIPO Member States End Assemblies with Key Agreements on Future WorkWIPO member states concluded their annual Assemblies meetings with key agreements that affirm the work of the Organization in advancing an effective and balanced intellectual property system.
- WIPO and the Research-Based Pharmaceutical Industry Team up to Facilitate Access to Key Medicine Patent InformationThe World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and the research-based pharmaceutical industry today launched a new partnership to promote the accessibility of patent information for health agencies tasked with procurement of medicines.
- WIPO Director General Calls for Expanded Membership in Global IP Systems, Highlights Organization’s Achievements and Future PrioritiesDirector General Francis Gurry called for greater participation in WIPO’s international patent, trademark and design systems and said the Organization is adapting to new challenges stemming from an accelerating rate of global innovation.
- Tracking the value of intangiblesWhat is intellectual property worth? The recently launched World Intellectual Property Report 2017 offers fresh evidence about the role of intangible capital in global value chains.
- Perspectives on access to medicines and IP rightsThomas Cueni who heads up IFPMA, the global trade association for the research-based pharmaceutical industry and Ellen ‘t Hoen, former Executive Director of the Medicines Patent Pool, offer their views on access to medicines and the challenges tha
- Embraer: Brazil’s pioneering aviation giantWander Menchik, Head of Embraer’s Technology Development program offers an insider’s view on the importance of innovation and IP to the company and its future goals.
- Innovative app boosts literacy and social inclusionFind out how Daniela Galindo, a social entrepreneur from Colombia, is boosting literacy and transforming the lives of millions of people living with disabilities thanks to an innovative software app.
- Regulating machine data: less is more for global growthThaddeus Burns, Senior Counsel for IP and Trade at the General Electric Company offers an industry perspective on an appropriate policy framework for regulating machine data to allow the digital economy to realize its enormous potential.
WIPO Patent News
WIPO Domain Name Decisions
- WIPO Domain Name Decision DSE2017-0038 for ststoil.seWIPO Domain Name Decision for ststoil.se
- WIPO Domain Name Decision D2017-2267 for ibisbirminghamcentre.com, ibisbirminghamnewstreetstation.com, ibisbristolcentre.com, ibisedinburghcentresouthbridge.com, ibisedinburghpark.com, ibisglasgow.com, ibisglasgowcitycentre.com, ibisleedscentre.com, ibislondonblackfriars.com, ibislondoncity.com ...WIPO Domain Name Decision for ibisbirminghamcentre.com, ibisbirminghamnewstreetstation.com, ibisbristolcentre.com, ibisedinburghcentresouthbridge.com, ibisedinburghpark.com, ibisglasgow.com, ibisglasgowcitycentre.com, ibisleedscentre.com, ibislondon
- WIPO Domain Name Decision DEU2017-0011 for sovaldi.euWIPO Domain Name Decision for sovaldi.eu
- WIPO Domain Name Decision D2017-2411 for 1xbet.agencyWIPO Domain Name Decision for 1xbet.agency
- WIPO Domain Name Decision DCO2017-0048 for singaporepools.coWIPO Domain Name Decision for singaporepools.co
Other RSS Feeds
US Copyright Office
European Patent Office
- Engaging with users on patent qualitySecond meeting of SACEPO Working Party on Quality took place in The Hague
- EPO and Argentina step up co-operation on patentsThe EPO signed a memorandum of understanding with the National Institute of Industrial Property of Argentina (INPI) on the introduction of the Cooperative Patent Classification (CPC) by INPI.
- EPO and CIPA: no impact of Brexit on UK membership of EPOHigh-level representatives and experts of the EPO, led by President Benoît Battistelli, met yesterday in Munich with a delegation of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA) headed by its President, Stephen Jones.
- Reinforcing ties between the EPO and Japanese applicantsOrganised jointly with JETRO Düsseldorf (German branch of the Japan External Trade Organization), the seventh annual meeting between representatives of Japanese industry in Europe, JETRO and the EPO took place in Munich on 17 January 2018.
- Re-organisation set to improve quality and efficiency in EPO’s patent granting processThe EPO has completed an internal re-organisation which will enhance the efficiency of its patenting process. The move is also expected to foster the timeliness of the patent granting procedure for users and contribute to higher quality patents and