WIPO RSS Feeds
WIPO News Releases
- WIPO Translate: Republic of Korea is First to Adopt WIPO’s “Artificial Intelligence” - Powered Patent Translation ToolThe Republic of Korea is adopting WIPO’s ground-breaking “artificial intelligence”-based translation tool for patent documents, making it the first member state to use WIPO Translate in an important advancement for the use of machine learning
- World Intellectual Property Day 2018 Celebrates Women’s Accomplishments: New WIPO Figures Show Highest-Ever Rate of Women Inventors, but Gender Gap PersistsThe fields of biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and chemistry show the highest rates of women named as inventors in international patent applications filed via WIPO, new figures indicate, as World IP Day 2018 celebrates women driving positive change ac
- China Drives International Patent Applications to Record Heights; Demand Rising for Trademark and Industrial Design ProtectionChina moved into the second position as a source of international patent applications filed via WIPO in 2017, closing in on long-time leader United States of America, in another record year in the use of WIPO's intellectual property services for pat
- WIPO Cybersquatting Cases Reach New Record in 2017Three industries – banking and finance, fashion, and internet and IT – accounted for nearly one-third of all cybersquatting disputes handled by WIPO’s Arbitration and Mediation Center in 2017 as trademark owners filed an all-time high of 3,074
- China Tops Patent, Trademark, Design Filings in 2016Worldwide filings for patents, trademarks and industrial designs reached record heights in 2016 amid soaring demand in China, which received more patent applications than the combined total for the United States of America, Japan, the Republic of Ko
- Bridging the gender gap in intellectual propertyHow does the gender gap play out in intellectual property and what are its root causes?
- Bombshell: The Hedy Lamarr Story: an interview with Alexandra DeanEmmy award-winning journalist, director and producer Alexandra Dean talks about her compelling new documentary, Bombshell: The Hedy Lamarr Story – the remarkable tale of a Hollywood star whose natural flair for invention helped shape today’s com
- Raging Bull and Fearless Girl – moral rights in copyrightIt’s an iconic image for our generation: a fearless girl staring down a charging bull – a symbol of America’s capitalist renewal and one that has been at the heart of a controversy over moral rights of the man who sculpted the bull.
- Women in Arab cinema: an interview with Hend SabryWhat challenges face actresses in the Arab region? And what opportunities might they enjoy? Award-winning Tunisian actress, Hend Sabry, a celebrated star of Arab cinema, offers an insider’s view on women in Arab cinema.
- From brewing to biologics: Biocon’s Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw transforms global healthKiran Mazumdar-Shaw started out as a Master Brewer and now heads up Biocon, India’s largest innovation-led biopharmaceutical company. Find out what it takes to establish a multi-billion dollar global business that promises to transform global heal
WIPO Patent News
WIPO Domain Name Decisions
- WIPO Domain Name Decision D2018-0632 for avivaquantum.comWIPO Domain Name Decision for avivaquantum.com
- WIPO Domain Name Decision DCO2018-0010 for amundi.coWIPO Domain Name Decision for amundi.co
- WIPO Domain Name Decision DMX2018-0009 for kiplingmexico.mx, mundokipling.com.mx, mundokipling.mxWIPO Domain Name Decision for kiplingmexico.mx, mundokipling.com.mx, mundokipling.mx
- WIPO Domain Name Decision D2018-0830 for northfacegreeceoutlet.comWIPO Domain Name Decision for northfacegreeceoutlet.com
- WIPO Domain Name Decision D2018-0540 for supermacs.comWIPO Domain Name Decision for supermacs.com
Other RSS Feeds
US Copyright Office
- Library of Congress GDPR Notification
Attention subscriber to bulletin services from the Library of Congress:
As you may be aware, on May 25, 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation EU (2016)/679 (GDPR) came into force in all EU mem
- U.S. Copyright Office, NewsNet Issue 718
U.S. Copyright Office, NewsNet Issue 717
U.S. Copyright Office, NewsNet Issue 716
U.S. Copyright Office, NewsNet Issue 715
- EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effectToday the European Union GDPR enters into force with the aim of ensuring a high level of data protection.
- EPO-OMPIC: a strategic partnership in support of technological and industrial developmentEPO President Benoît Battistelli met Morocco's Minister for Industry, Investment, Trade and the Digital Economy, Moulay Hafid Elalamy, in Rabat.
- Europe’s patent information centres share experience in LjubljanaSome 200 representatives from 36 countries gathered in Ljubljana this week at the EPO's 2018 PATLIB conference to discuss how best to support companies and inventors through their patent information services.
- United Kingdom ratifies Unified Patent Court AgreementThe United Kingdom has announced today that it has deposited the instruments of ratification of the Agreement relating to the Unified Patent Court (UPCA). This now brings the total number of ratifications to sixteen.
- Paying tribute to 15 outstanding inventors: European Inventor Award 2018 finalists announcedThe 15 finalists for the European Inventor Award 2018, announced today by the EPO, have all made significant contributions to advancing technology, generating economic value and creating employment in Europe and throughout the world.
- Library of Congress GDPR Notification