WIPO RSS Feeds
WIPO News Releases
- New WIPO Study Gives First-Ever Figures on Value of "Intangible Capital" in Manufactured GoodsFirst-ever figures reveal that nearly one third of the value of manufactured products sold around the world comes from "intangible capital," such as branding, design and technology, according to a WIPO study of the global value chains comp
- WIPO Member States End Assemblies with Key Agreements on Future WorkWIPO member states concluded their annual Assemblies meetings with key agreements that affirm the work of the Organization in advancing an effective and balanced intellectual property system.
- WIPO and the Research-Based Pharmaceutical Industry Team up to Facilitate Access to Key Medicine Patent InformationThe World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and the research-based pharmaceutical industry today launched a new partnership to promote the accessibility of patent information for health agencies tasked with procurement of medicines.
- WIPO Director General Calls for Expanded Membership in Global IP Systems, Highlights Organization’s Achievements and Future PrioritiesDirector General Francis Gurry called for greater participation in WIPO’s international patent, trademark and design systems and said the Organization is adapting to new challenges stemming from an accelerating rate of global innovation.
- WIPO Translate: Cutting-Edge Translation Tool For Patent Documents Extends Language CoverageWIPO’s ground-breaking “artificial intelligence”-based translation tool for patent documents is now available in ten languages, marking an important expansion of the highest-quality service yet available for accessing information on new techno
- Francis Gurry on the future of intellectual property: opportunities and challengesWIPO Director General Francis Gurry reflects on the future as a new wave of revolutionary technologies begins to test the premises and practices of the intellectual property system.
- iROKOtv: delivering Nollywood content to the worldIn just seven years, Nigeria’s iROKOtv has become a global media platform with the world’s largest online catalogue of Nollywood films. Tope Lucas, iROKOtv’s Legal Counsel and Head of Content Acquisition, talks about the company’s explosive
- Artificial intelligence and copyrightAs the use of artificial intelligence by artists becomes more widespread, the distinction between artwork that is made by a human and that made by a computer is becoming increasingly blurred with interesting implications for copyright.
- Transforming Arab cinema with MAD SolutionsRenowned Arab film analyst and CEO of MAD Solutions, Alaa Karkouti, explains how his cutting-edge film promotion and distribution studio is supporting the development of Arab cinema at home and abroad.
- Breathing new life into Trinidad and Tobago’s cocoa sectorTrinidad and Tobago’s once-mighty cocoa industry faces many challenges. Find out what one young entrepreneur is doing to help revive the cocoa fortunes of this twin-island state.
WIPO Patent News
WIPO Domain Name Decisions
- No feed items at this time. Please check back later.
Other RSS Feeds
US Copyright Office
- U.S. Copyright Office, NewsNet Issue 691
U.S. Copyright Office, NewsNet Issue 690
U.S. Copyright Office, NewsNet Issue 689
U.S. Copyright Office, NewsNet Issue 688
U.S. Copyright Office, NewsNet Issue 687
- US-Bar-EPO Liaison Council meeting: Deepening US applicants’ understanding of European patent practiceThis year's meeting of the US Bar-EPO Liaison Council, a forum to facilitate informal exchanges with US applicants, took place at the EPO's Munich headquarters on 15 November.
- IPO Education Foundation and EPO Day Conference held in MunichThis week the EPO co-hosted the IPO-EPO Day with the Intellectual Property Owners (IPO) Educational Foundation. The conference was organised in Europe for their members, including both US and European companies.
- Unitary Patent expected to boost trade and investment in the EU, new study showsA study published today, 14 November 2017, by the EPO finds that the Unitary Patent could significantly enhance technology transfer in the EU through more trade and foreign direct investment (FDI). Improved harmonisation of Europe's patent system ha
- EPO’s Patent information Conference focuses on evolution of servicesNew opportunities for patent information offered by technology trends were the focus of the 27th Patent Information Conference that took place this week in Sofia, Bulgaria. In the presence of the Bulgarian Deputy Minister for the Economy, Lachezar B
- 153rd meeting of the Administrative Council of the European Patent Organisation (Munich, 10 and 11 October 2017)The Administrative Council of the European Patent Organisation held its 153rd meeting in Munich on 10 and 11 October 2017 under the chairmanship of Christoph ERNST (DE).
- U.S. Copyright Office, NewsNet Issue 691